Most little girls grow up with stories about princesses living happily ever after in castles. Keeping that in mind, I have taken a look at castles from around the world. These castles are beautiful wherever you look, inside, out, and all around. With all the beauty in the world, it’s really hard to narrow it down to 10, but I did my best so take a look.
1. Mont Saint Michel-Normandy, France.
2. Edinburgh Castle-Edinburgh, Scotland
3. Neuschwanstein Castle-Schwangau, Germany *was the inspiration for Disneyland’s Sleeping Beauty castle
4. Windsor Castle-London, England
5. Potala Palace-Tibet, China
6. Chateau de Versailles- Paris, France *was the inspiration for the castle in Beauty and the Beast
7. Hohensalzburg Castle-Austria
8. Kilkenny Castle-Kilkenny, Ireland
9. Prague Castle-Prague, Czech Republic
10. Alcazar de Segovia-Segovia, Spain *was the inspiration for the castle in Cinderella.
You can see the breathtaking beauty of these castles. They have been used for various things over the years. Among those uses are a retreat from people, a monastery, fortress, government, the Dalai Lama, prison, and military academy. They are also huge tourist attractions for people who want to see the real life castles from their childhood stories. Currently, out of these 10, the only occupied castle is the Windsor Castle in London. I personally love them all and think that it would be amazing to actually live in one. Who wouldn’t want to be swept off their feet and whisked away to a beautiful castle by a handsome prince?